HAZWOPER 40-Hour Training
HAZWOPER 40 is required for workers that perform activities that expose or potentially expose them to hazardous substances.
This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. Topics include protection against hazardous chemicals, elimination of hazardous chemicals, safety of workers and the environment and OSHA regulations. This course covers topics included in 29 CFR 1910.120.
NEW! Beginning July 1, 2013, our HAZWOPER 40-hour Course earns college credit in degree programs at Columbia Southern University. Students who successfully complete the EasySafetySchool.com HAZWOPER 40-hour Course will be exempt from the BOS 3125 Hazardous Material Management course if it is required in any degree program. This includes the Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Safety & Health.
Note: Trainees must have additional hands-on training in the donning, doffing, and use of the Personal Protective Equipment required for their jobsite(s) in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120.
Workers must also have 40 hrs of initial training before they may enter the site and at least three days of actual field experience under a trained, seasoned supervisor. The three days field experience under a trained, experienced supervisor is the responsibility of the student employer or potential employer.
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety.
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards.
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure.
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials.
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards.
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure.
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone.
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure.
Testing & Final Exam
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each quiz and the final exam; if you do not pass after three tries, you will be locked out of this course will no longer be able to take your Outreach training in an online format.
Time of Completion
Once you enroll in the online HAZWOPER 40-Hour training course you have six months from the time you start this course to complete it in order to receive credit. After six months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again if you wish to complete it.