HAZWOPER 8-Hr Annual Refresher
This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for 8 (eight) hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
The course is comprised of nine sections covering topics pertaining to workplace hazards associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, Site Characterization, Toxicology, Hazard Recognition, Personal Protective Equipment, Decontamination, Medical Surveillance, Confined Space Entry and Emergency Procedures. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion which is accepted by OSHA as documentation of training.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Summarize Site Characterization.
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures.
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals.
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE.
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and methods.
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose.
- Understand confined space permit system; be able to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, types of ventilation and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces.
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others.
Testing & Final Exam
At the end of each module, you will be given a 10 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the course. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each quiz and the final exam; if you do not pass after three tries, you will be locked out of this course will no longer be able to take your Outreach training in an online format.
Time of Completion
Once you enroll in the online HAZWOPEr 8-hour annual refresher course you have six months from the time you start this course to complete it in order to receive credit. After six months, your account will expire and you will be required to purchase the course again if you wish to complete it.